Fujiya & Miyagi "Tetrahydrofolic Acid"
- Words: Derek Kaneko
As three-piece outfit Fujiya & Miyagi prepares its fifth studio album, Artificial Sweeteners, we're treated to the high-spirited "Tetrahydrofolic Acid" from that record. Opening with church organs and a bouncing acid bassline, the funky composition offers a kaleidoscopic range of textures, organic and mechanical alike. With the vocaless "Tetrahydrofolic Acid," the trio has formed an aesthetic which strays noticeably from its previous work, showing the band's fluid dynamism when it comes to paving unique, sonic landscapes. The rest of Fujiya & Miyagi's Artificial Sweeteners is scheduled to drop via Yep Roc on May 6.
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- MP3Clap! Clap! "Ashiko (Lurka Obeah Remix)"
- NewsAndy Stott Preps New LP for Modern Love; Hear a Track Now
XLR8R Downloads Player