Fujiya & Miyagi "Tetrahydrofolic Acid"
- Words: Derek Kaneko
As three-piece outfit Fujiya & Miyagi prepares its fifth studio album, Artificial Sweeteners, we're treated to the high-spirited "Tetrahydrofolic Acid" from that record. Opening with church organs and a bouncing acid bassline, the funky composition offers a kaleidoscopic range of textures, organic and mechanical alike. With the vocaless "Tetrahydrofolic Acid," the trio has formed an aesthetic which strays noticeably from its previous work, showing the band's fluid dynamism when it comes to paving unique, sonic landscapes. The rest of Fujiya & Miyagi's Artificial Sweeteners is scheduled to drop via Yep Roc on May 6.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player