Matti Turunen "Cryosleep"
Beginning later this month, Vienna based label Trust will celebrate its 15th anniversary with a series of compilation 12"s. Pulled from the first such release is "Cryosleep," a cold electro cut from Matti Turunen. Built around a set of dense chords, "Cryosleep" is a particularly unhurried effort, one that takes the better part of two-minutes to precisely piece together a swaying 808 beat. Turunen's production proves worth the wait though, as the Finnish producer seals the deal with an appropriately laid-back bassline and layers of crisp atmospheres which help the track push into full swing. Turunen's "Cryosleep" will be joined by other contributions from VC-118A, Clatterbox, and Lok44 when the first of three TRUST XV 12"s drops on May 26 (a release said to be joined by full-color printed sleeves and "a short science fiction story chronicling the fate of an interstellar mining operation on 61 Cygnus E). Before then, a preview of the upcoming four-track effort can be heard after the jump.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player