Elektro Guzzi "Atlas"
Ahead of the release of Observatory, its third studio album for the Macro label, Elektro Guzzi has sent over blistering teaser track "Atlas." The Austrian trio of Bernhard Hammer, Jakob Schneidewind, and Bernhard Breuer together create live techno with bass, guitar, and drums—no loops, no overdubs. (The band’s live performance caught our attention at last year's Sónar festival.) Featured here, LP cut "Atlas" is raw electricity stinging through frayed cables, driven by a stuttering, detuned heartbeat. Dropping on May 30, Elektro Guzzi's upcoming album promises a kind of narrative futurism, "a time capsule of techno projected into the dark unknown…metallic and human at the same time, a love cry miles from home."
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player