The Slow Revolt "Hold"
After issuing Max Cooper's debut LP earlier this year, the fledgling FIELDS outpost is back on our radar with a new 12'' titled Never Get Close from budding UK artist The Slow Revolt. Featured here, the effort's b-side, "Hold," is a minimalist, bass-focused cut that revolves around a thick bassline and slowly adds layers of rattling metallic percussion and vibrating synths. Throughout the tune's five-minute course, "Hold" builds up from a simple pattern into a complex tapestry of cascading sonics. For those interested in hearing more from The Slow Revolt, the a-side cut for Never Get Close can be streamed after the jump.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player