The Slow Revolt "Hold"
After issuing Max Cooper's debut LP earlier this year, the fledgling FIELDS outpost is back on our radar with a new 12'' titled Never Get Close from budding UK artist The Slow Revolt. Featured here, the effort's b-side, "Hold," is a minimalist, bass-focused cut that revolves around a thick bassline and slowly adds layers of rattling metallic percussion and vibrating synths. Throughout the tune's five-minute course, "Hold" builds up from a simple pattern into a complex tapestry of cascading sonics. For those interested in hearing more from The Slow Revolt, the a-side cut for Never Get Close can be streamed after the jump.
- NewsRBMA to Launch Video Game Music Documentary Series Featuring Flying Lotus, Kode9, and More; Watch the Trailer Now
- NewsStream Dark Sky's Upcoming Debut LP for Monkeytown
- GearAsk the Experts: Om Unit
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsTadd Mullinix Launches Bopside Label, Preps Inaugural Release as JTC
XLR8R Downloads Player