Ricardo Tobar "Hundreds "
The textured atmospherics of last year’s Treillis LP from Ricardo Tobar nodded toward a Balearic influence as well as the Chilean producer's own early affiliation with James Holden’s Border Community label. On Tobar’s forthcoming Hundreds/Gardens EP—which is set to see a release through French label Desire on June 9—two original tracks from Trellis are treated to reworks by Daniel Avery and Bass Clef. Featured here, Tobar’s "Hundreds" follows a dreamy melodic line, one colored with surface friction and held together by earthy percussion and trance-like arpeggios.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player