Gidge "I Fell in Love"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
- Photo: Vilma Larsson
Swedish duo Gidge (a.k.a. Jonatan Nilsson and Ludvig Stolterman) have passed along "I Fell in Love," the second track to surface from the outfit intended to serve as a preview to the pair's upcoming debut LP, which will appear via Applescal's Atomnation label later this year. Similar to "You"—the first production Gidge shared back in March—"I Fell in Love" is a lush and emotive tune, one whose airy melodies and icy structure mirrors the group's "Scandinavian surroundings of native forests and snow," from which Gidge is said to gather much of its inspiration. Spanning over six minutes, the track moves at a patient pace, gradually adding melodies and new layers of miniature percussion to the song's somber bounce as it builds towards its climax.
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Ben UFO
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player