Brian Reitzell "Last Summer (Lissvik Remix)"
Ahead of the release of his debut album, Auto Music, Brian Reitzell's "Last Summer" has been treated to an offbeat rework by Dan Lissvik (of now-defunct Swedish electronic band Studio). Reitzell's original track is described as a West Coast freeway cruise and features My Bloody Valentine’s Kevin Shields on organ. Here, Lissvik’s remix picks up on the post-punk/alt-rock undertones of the original, drawing on sampling and sound design to result in a rework that is reminiscent of a Lapalux-style collage. Oslo-based label Smalltown Supersound is set to deliver Auto Music on June 17.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player