Brian Reitzell "Last Summer (Lissvik Remix)"
Ahead of the release of his debut album, Auto Music, Brian Reitzell's "Last Summer" has been treated to an offbeat rework by Dan Lissvik (of now-defunct Swedish electronic band Studio). Reitzell's original track is described as a West Coast freeway cruise and features My Bloody Valentine’s Kevin Shields on organ. Here, Lissvik’s remix picks up on the post-punk/alt-rock undertones of the original, drawing on sampling and sound design to result in a rework that is reminiscent of a Lapalux-style collage. Oslo-based label Smalltown Supersound is set to deliver Auto Music on June 17.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- NewsListen to a New Mix from Lucrecia Dalt
XLR8R Downloads Player