Al Dobson Jr "Nankoo On Keys"
Born from the Peckham club night of the same name, frequent Boiler Room host Bradley Zero's Rhythm Section International label will drop its inaugural release a bit later this month. Entitled Rye Lane Volume 1, the imprint's first record will come from Al Dobson Jr, who has readied 11 percussion-heavy, collage-style productions for the occasion. One such effort is Dobson Jr's "Nankoo On Keys," a jazz-streaked beat that falls not too far down the path from producers like Madlib and Pete Rock, with its active Rhodes chords and loosely swung rhythms held together by a funky muted bassline. Set to drop in mid May, a preview of Dobson Jr's full LP can be heard after the jump.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsXosar Preps New EP for Valcrond Video
- NewsLivity Sound Preps Remix Compilation Featuring Surgeon, Pangaea, and More
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player