Al Dobson Jr "Nankoo On Keys"
Born from the Peckham club night of the same name, frequent Boiler Room host Bradley Zero's Rhythm Section International label will drop its inaugural release a bit later this month. Entitled Rye Lane Volume 1, the imprint's first record will come from Al Dobson Jr, who has readied 11 percussion-heavy, collage-style productions for the occasion. One such effort is Dobson Jr's "Nankoo On Keys," a jazz-streaked beat that falls not too far down the path from producers like Madlib and Pete Rock, with its active Rhodes chords and loosely swung rhythms held together by a funky muted bassline. Set to drop in mid May, a preview of Dobson Jr's full LP can be heard after the jump.
- NewsSteffi and Martyn Announce Collaborative EP as Doms & Deykers
- NewsAirhead Preps New Single for Hemlock
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
XLR8R Downloads Player