Modula "Omicron Ballad (Sisterhood Remix)"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Last month, the fledgling label arm of regular London house night Tief released its fourth record in the form of a 12" endeavor from Modula. Featuring two originals and two remixes, Modula's Omicron Ballad EP focused on the more jacking ends of hardware house, with strong-armed drum machines and restless analog synths marking much of the record. In the hands of UK duo Sisterhood (pictured above), the recent effort's title track takes a more calming and gradual path. Slowly building on the original's rich piano chords, Sisterhood stretch "Omicron Ballad" into a much more patient production, one which tucks delicate melodies and miniature percussion underneath glacial pads that grow bigger as the track digs into its seven-plus-minute run.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player