Prison Garde "The Sound (Reese & Santonio Cover)"
Veteran producer Vaughn Robert Squire (here masquerading as Prison Garde) has sent over a bonus track from his upcoming Forts EP, set for release next month. "The Sound (Reese & Santonio Cover)" features Larry Heard-style chords and heavily swung drums. Like the rest of the EP, the track—in fact, a cover of Reese & Santonio's 1987 track originally released via KMS—was made with an all-hardware kit assembling Roland drum machines, a Juno-60, and raw, analog bass, with Ango lending a hand in the studio. Forts follows Prison Garde’s recent cassette for 100% Silk and nearly two decades of cross-genre play, from bass music to beats under his Sixtoo alias. His next outing will present five new Prison Garde tracks when it drops in digital form on June 3 (with a vinyl release to follow shortly thereafter) via the fast-growing ASL Singles Club imprint.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player