Prison Garde "The Sound (Reese & Santonio Cover)"
Veteran producer Vaughn Robert Squire (here masquerading as Prison Garde) has sent over a bonus track from his upcoming Forts EP, set for release next month. "The Sound (Reese & Santonio Cover)" features Larry Heard-style chords and heavily swung drums. Like the rest of the EP, the track—in fact, a cover of Reese & Santonio's 1987 track originally released via KMS—was made with an all-hardware kit assembling Roland drum machines, a Juno-60, and raw, analog bass, with Ango lending a hand in the studio. Forts follows Prison Garde’s recent cassette for 100% Silk and nearly two decades of cross-genre play, from bass music to beats under his Sixtoo alias. His next outing will present five new Prison Garde tracks when it drops in digital form on June 3 (with a vinyl release to follow shortly thereafter) via the fast-growing ASL Singles Club imprint.
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsSteffi and Martyn Announce Collaborative EP as Doms & Deykers
- NewsDJ Sprinkles Plans Brief North American Tour
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
XLR8R Downloads Player