Roberto Clementi "Visceral"
Over the past few years, Roberto Clementi has released a spate of dub-inflected, melodic techno EPs and singles through seminal Glasgow imprint Soma. Ahead of the release of his debut album for the label, N Lights, the Italian-born DJ and producer has shared ''Visceral,'' a keenly crafted sketch built around buzzing low-end drones and clusters of synthesized notes similar in timbre to a didgeridoo. Throughout, a steady four-on-the-floor beat throbs just below surface static, helping sustain a subtle sense of forward motion. N Lights was reportedly crafted as an exploration of new sounds using analog gear and samples from old tapes and field recordings, and is officially due out on May 26.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player