New York-based multidisciplinary artist Russo has shared the imaginative lead track from his debut EP, Wild Metals, slated for release in early June via Luke Wyatt's (a.k.a. Torn Hawk) Valcrond Video label. The imprint has so far primarily served as a vehicle for Wyatt's own releases, but Wild Metals marks an expansion for the label. Russo's ''Zishethe'' is built around a sparse compositional loop which comes with organic and live percussive feel. At the midway mark, synthesized organ sounds spur on momentum, and strings are plucked and bowed. As such, the track fits well within the EP's aesthetic descriptor, characterizing Wild Metals ''Zishethe" as ''black plastic electronics overgrown with ferns and orchids.''
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player