My Dry Wet Mess "Eyelids’ Secrets (Ikonika Shy Remix)"
Though still a burgeoning name in the electronic music world, Berlin-based producer My Dry Wet Mess (a.k.a. Giovanni Civitenga) has enlisted the likes of Auntie Flo, Dam Mantle, and Ikonika to contribute remixes to his upcoming Laptop Lapdance EP for Fine Grains. Before its release on July 7, London-based Hyperdub mainstay Ikonika’s take on “Eyelids’ Secrets” is featured here, seeing her transform the moody, beat-influenced original into an ambiguously genre-less affiar. Maintaining the generally pensive tone of My Dry Wet Mess’ version of the track, Ikonika combines 8-bit elements with acid-tinged synths and a sparse drum pattern that periodically breaks out in dramatic rolls, resulting in a retro-futuristic vibe of sorts. In addition to the download offered here, a preview of My Dry Wet Mess’ Laptop Lapdance EP can be heard after the jump.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player