My Dry Wet Mess "Eyelids’ Secrets (Ikonika Shy Remix)"
Though still a burgeoning name in the electronic music world, Berlin-based producer My Dry Wet Mess (a.k.a. Giovanni Civitenga) has enlisted the likes of Auntie Flo, Dam Mantle, and Ikonika to contribute remixes to his upcoming Laptop Lapdance EP for Fine Grains. Before its release on July 7, London-based Hyperdub mainstay Ikonika’s take on “Eyelids’ Secrets” is featured here, seeing her transform the moody, beat-influenced original into an ambiguously genre-less affiar. Maintaining the generally pensive tone of My Dry Wet Mess’ version of the track, Ikonika combines 8-bit elements with acid-tinged synths and a sparse drum pattern that periodically breaks out in dramatic rolls, resulting in a retro-futuristic vibe of sorts. In addition to the download offered here, a preview of My Dry Wet Mess’ Laptop Lapdance EP can be heard after the jump.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player