Slam Skillet "Impala"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Slam Skillet is the alias of one Sam Stevens, a 21-year-old producer who hails from the Morningside Heights neighborhood of New York City. Today, Stevens will release Impala, a two-track digital EP led by the production of the same title featured here. Spanning just over four minutes, "Impala" is a slice of future-gazing club music which no doubt draws some of its inspiration from the Night Slugs lineage. Though not aimless in its run, the tune does feel restless, as Stevens quickly switches through sections and patterns, perhaps ensuring that the dancefloor will be kept on its toes during the course of the funk-laced production.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- NewsThe Knife Splits, Announces Final Tour Dates
- NewsHear the Lead Track from Midland's Upcoming EP for Aus
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player