- Words: James Eaton
Earlier this month, budding English pair 2ndSun issued the four-track Bespoked EP via Ben Pearce's fledgling Purp & Soul imprint. Here, 2ndSun has offered a bonus cut to that record, the chord-soaked "Intentions," which finds the duo crafting a garage-indebted affair which leans heavily on the back-half of its swing. Led by a delayed vocal sample and a handful of floating melodies, "Intentions" is a bluesy house production fitting for an outfit who has released on a label so unabashedly focused on both "purp" and "soul."
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player