Kimekai "Le Loyon"
Said to be "ideal for both solo midnight walks and road trips to the beach," Coral Dreams is the debut release from Croatian producer Marko Vuković, who operates under the name Kimekai. Pulled from the 21-year-old artist's upcoming record is "Le Loyon," a melodically rich track that actually seems best suited for a midnight drive to a moonlit beach. Anchored by a loose pattern of crisp percussion, "Le Loyon" dives headfirst into water-logged chords, drizzling light melodies and echoed arpeggios into the mix as the patient, introspective track moves along. One of nine productions set to appear on Coral Dreams, Kimekai's debut effort will drop on June 23 via Seattle's ever-growing Hush Hush imprint.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- MP3Astronomar "Gargoile (Massacooramaan Remix)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player