Maxim Wolzyn "Ringbahn"
Intercity Express, the upcoming LP from German producer Maxim Wolzyn, is said in part to sonically portray "the complex networks of railways and tunnel systems that permeate the earth like artificial veins." One can hear these sorts of interconnected sonic passageways in "Ringbahn," a bonus cut to Wolzyn's forthcoming record which rattles and chugs with the cyclical repetition of an underground train ride. A lengthy piece of dubby techno, the production is focused on its acute sonic details, which together invite listeners further and further into the track's swirling groove as it makes its way through a nine-plus-minute runtime. Out next week via the SVS label, Wolzyn's full Intercity Express LP—which includes a remix from dub techno forerunner Deadbeat—can be streamed in full after the jump.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player