Silver Hands "Skulls (Mike Simonetti Remix)"
After running for over two years, San Francisco's monthly Push the Feeling party has decided to launch its own record label, with its first release coming from resident DJ Drew Marcogliese's Silver Hands project, a collaboration with vocalist Liz Wight. Set to land next week, the imprint's inaugural Skulls EP will feature an original track from the outfit along with four remixes, including this one from veteran producer—and former XLR8R podcast contributor—Mike Simonetti. As it turns out, Simonetti's take on "Skulls" lives up to his lineage as the driving force behind the Italians Do It Better label, refitting Silver Hands' synth-soaked original into a more sparsely refined package, marked by cooled-down textures and tasteful melodic flourishes. Set to drop on Tuesday, July 1, Silver Hands' complete Skulls EP (which features additional remixes from Woolfy, Chautauqua, and Yr Skull, Marcogliese's solo moniker) can be streamed after the jump.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- NewsCheck Out Caribou's 'Essential Mix' for BBC Radio 1
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player