Ultrademon "Step Into Liquid (Wayback Mix)"
Having formerly operated as Fire for Effect, Chicago-by-way-of-Kansas producer Ultrademon (real name Albert Redwine) will issue his next full-length (his first arrived last year via Rephlex), Voidic Charms, via the "seapunk"-affiliated Coral imprint next month. Serving as a taster is "Step Into Liquid (Wayback Mix)," a production that harkens back to the glory days of drum & bass while taking a number of its own unexpected twists and turns. Here, between the chopped-to-all-hell 160-bpm breaks, Redwine fits repitched chord stabs, off-percussion, vocal samples, and what very well may be the sound of chimpanzees. Spanning just over two minutes, "Step Into Liquid (Wayback Mix)" comes and goes in a flash, leaving one to wonder how else the budding producer plans to use his comprehensive electronic music vocabulary on Voidic Charms when it officially lands on July 25.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player