Torkelsen "Tor Kel Sen (Vessels Remix)"
- Words: James Eaton
Last month saw Norwegian producer Torkelsen drop his debut LP, Sattellittskygge, via the Sellout! imprint. Now, with that release just in the rearview, Torkelsen has tapped Leeds outfit Vessels to rework album cut "Tor Kel Sen." An adventurous production in its original form, Vessels launches the cut even further out into the electronic spectrum, extending the track to a patient seven-minute run throughout which the remixers focus on conjuring galactic atmospheres to surround the tune's bell-like melodies. Fortunately, Vessels anchors its rework with a ceaselessly driving bassline which helps make the elongated track seem less like a chore, and much more like an enthralling sonic adventure.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player