Synthek & Audiolouis "Broken Pad"
Earlier this month, Natch label founders Synthek and Audiolouis issued their debut full-length together, Unwise. Featured here, Broken Pad" is one of 12 dense techno expeditions to appear on the record. Beginning with a pulsing pattern of kick drums, the track gradually builds into a thick sonic atmosphere—glacial pads meet sci-fi textures, which are pushed to the background by sheets of machine-made hiss and growing layers of dubbed percussion rattles. The Berlin pair's Unwise LP is out now, with an extensive remix series set to appear down the line featuring reworks from Sleeparchive, Zadig, Neel, Tadeo, Ness and Polar Inertia.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player