Keaton Henson "Elevator Song (Ulrich Schnauss Remix)"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
London musician and composer Keaton Henson (pictured above) recently released Romantic Works, a record billed as his "first collection of classical compositions" which strung together nine dense works consisting of piano, cello, filed recordings, and various found sounds. Following the record's release, Henson enlisted German synthscape master and former XLR8R podcast contributor Ulrich Schnauss to rework LP cut "Elevator Song." As one may have expected, the cinematic qualities of Henson's original fits easily within the pastoral inclinations of Schnauss, who wraps lush pads and a slow-brewing arpeggio sequence around the composition's delicate piano melodies and long-winded cello phrases.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
XLR8R Downloads Player