Josh Mace "Monolith"
Formerly a San Francisco resident, Josh Mace is now an Akron, Ohio-based producer/DJ who is set to release his Without a Gimmick EP via the Car Crash Set label next month. Pulled from the upcoming effort is "Monolith," a dense production whose sonic weight comes in the form of thick, cyclical chords and detailed layers of dubbed-out sonics. Amongst the tune's rattling rhythms and weighted textures, Mace focuses on a single Nas sample, which is said to come in a variety of chopped forms across the artist's forthcoming Without a Gimmick EP, which will see its release in early August, to be followed by another EP from the producer for Barcelona's Tracy imprint.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- FeaturePachanga, Pantha du Prince, and a Japanese Drone Dance: 10 Reasons We Loved MUTEK.MX 2014
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
XLR8R Downloads Player