- Words: Glenn Jackson
Hailing from the increasingly fertile city of Barcelona, budding producer beGun has spent the past 12 months sharing songs inspired, in one way or another, by specific locations around the globe. "Mumbai" is the latest such effort, a cascading electronic hybrid which sews together bowed strings, flowing pads, melodic vocal chops, and a bevy of real-world percussion. Stretched across some more traditional bits of skittering drum programming, "Mumbai" is rich with melody and movement, serving as another ambitious example of the kind of productions we can expect from beGun's debut LP, expected to drop in the closing months of 2014.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsHear Dntel's Upcoming LP for Leaving/Stones Throw
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player