Kodomo "Orange Ocean (Loscil Remix)"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
On his remix of "Orange Ocean"—a track taken from Brooklyn producer Kodomo's upcoming Patterns & Light LP (out on July 22)—Vancouver artist Loscil strips back the original track's rhythmic parts in order to focus on its poignant melodic content. Beginning with a playful bell melody and a set of light pads, Loscil's rework gradually opens up, its elements expanding the sonic field as reverb and delay are added to nearly every corner of the track's dense aural landscape. Eventually, Loscil takes a step back from his dreamy concoction, brining the focus again to the original melody only to lose it seconds later to a swell of crystalline drones.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player