Kodomo "Orange Ocean (Loscil Remix)"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
On his remix of "Orange Ocean"—a track taken from Brooklyn producer Kodomo's upcoming Patterns & Light LP (out on July 22)—Vancouver artist Loscil strips back the original track's rhythmic parts in order to focus on its poignant melodic content. Beginning with a playful bell melody and a set of light pads, Loscil's rework gradually opens up, its elements expanding the sonic field as reverb and delay are added to nearly every corner of the track's dense aural landscape. Eventually, Loscil takes a step back from his dreamy concoction, brining the focus again to the original melody only to lose it seconds later to a swell of crystalline drones.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player