Auntie Flo & Esa "Percasio Dub"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Glasgow-raised, London-based producer Auntie Flo is set to hit North America for the first time with a string of gigs beginning tomorrow night in Montreal. To help spread the word, the Huntleys & Palmers affiliate has passed along "Percasio Dub," a new production originally commissioned by the British Council's ConnectZA program to celebrate the upcoming Mandela Day on July 18. A collaboration with London transplant Esa, "Percasio Dub" is an efficient club track which comes lined with loose percussion and crisp synth chords. Anchored by a hand-played bassline, the tune's playful rhythms and bell-like melodies see the subtle influence of African music seep into the floor-ready production. Auntie Flo's upcoming North American tour dates—which include a stop at NYC's MoMa PS1 series—can be peeped after the jump.
July 10 - Datcha, Montreal w/ Dreems, Von Party
July 11 - The Dolphin Tavern, Philadelphia
July 12 - PS1 at MoMa NYC w/ Mr Sat Night, Archie Pelago, etc
July 12 - Discovery at Glasslands, Brooklyn w/ Pittsburg Track Authority
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player