Bag Raiders "Savannah (Roland Tings Remix)"
- Words: Melkorka Licea
Melbourne-based producer Roland Tings (a.k.a. Rohan Newman) has now followed up his recent Who U Love 12'' with a remix of LA-based Australians Bag Raiders' (pictured above) latest production. Featured as the closing track on the duo's new Nairobi EP (out now via Modular), Newman's take on "Savannah" wades through more subdued territory than the dance-friendly original. Here, the producer starts by replacing the track's nimbly bouncing beat and catchy percussion with echoing low-end and a gritty lead synthline. From there, Roland Tings digs deep into the brooding, elastic beat, weaving delicate hits and spacious synths around the rhythmic base for the majority of the remix's six-plus-minute run.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
XLR8R Downloads Player