Circle Traps "What It Holds"
Circle Traps is the combined effort of UK artists Jack Wyllie, Duncan Bellamy, and Will Ward. Together, the trio will release its third EP, Machine City, next month via the Lex label, from which the synth-led "What It Holds" comes to us. Appearing in the second half of the upcoming effort, the production is built around a driving drum machine and interweaving layers of thick arpeggio sequences, which are generously manipulated and bathed in FX as they twist throughout the tune's four-plus-minute run. The rest of Circle Traps' Machine City EP will be available when the five-track record sees its official release on July 28.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player