Taal Mala "White Label Renegade"
Today, the fledgling Modern Math label drops its first vinyl release, the four-track White Label Renegade EP from Vancouver producer Taal Mala. Featured here is the new effort's title track, a bass-loaded affair which fits classic vocal chops, thick breaks, and an array of space-age percussion and FX between its strong-armed kicks and snares. A true hybrid, "White Label Renegade" connects various points from drum & bass, juke, and rave to result in a heavy, club-minded concoction. Two other original productions from Taal Mala and a remix from LA producer Grenier are set to appear on the Canadian artist's White Label Renegade EP, out in vinyl form today with a digital release dropping July 25.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player