- Words: James Eaton
Hailing from the North Russian city of Arkhangelsk, Pak0 is set to drop his "Legacy" b/w "Work It Out" 12" via fledgling Moscow label Capital Bass next week. Ahead of the release, Pak0 has sent along "Colors," a garage-indebted workout that is propelled by shuffling rhythms and a series of rounded bass notes which jump around the beat. From there, the Russian beatmaker adds a handful of subtle vocal touches and grainy, droning textures which help give this club-aimed track a bit of an experimental bent. Before Pak0's "Legacy" b/w "Work It Out" 12" lands on September 1, the forthcoming effort can be previewed after the jump.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player