- Words: James Eaton
Hailing from the North Russian city of Arkhangelsk, Pak0 is set to drop his "Legacy" b/w "Work It Out" 12" via fledgling Moscow label Capital Bass next week. Ahead of the release, Pak0 has sent along "Colors," a garage-indebted workout that is propelled by shuffling rhythms and a series of rounded bass notes which jump around the beat. From there, the Russian beatmaker adds a handful of subtle vocal touches and grainy, droning textures which help give this club-aimed track a bit of an experimental bent. Before Pak0's "Legacy" b/w "Work It Out" 12" lands on September 1, the forthcoming effort can be previewed after the jump.
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- FeaturePachanga, Pantha du Prince, and a Japanese Drone Dance: 10 Reasons We Loved MUTEK.MX 2014
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
XLR8R Downloads Player