Keepsakes "Galso in Camo"
We first heard from Aukland, New Zealand-based producer Keepsakes in spring of 2013, when the artist had crafted five strong-armed bass hybrids for the Night Echoes EP, released via Polish label Sequel One. Now, Keepsakes is set to return to the label next month with the Stygian Concrete Works EP, another five-track affair that finds the man building sturdy bass constructions, but with his aims now shifted more towards the techno side of the spectrum. With "Galso in Camo" serving as our first taste, the shift appears to suit Keepsakes well—across a chugging five minutes, the track splices burnt synth stabs atop forceful thuds and, which push the production closer to the edge at a fearlessly brooding pace. Keepsakes' Stygian Concrete Works EP will see its official release on September 13.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player