U.S. Hard "Junk"
Portland artist and musician Santiago Leyba will release his debut EP as U.S. Hard next week via hometown label Blankstairs. Serving as a preview to the three-track effort is iead track, "Junk," which unrolls an array of sharpened percussion hits atop an overdriven techno base. Said to pull from Leyba's past work in post-hardcore, noise, and drone outfits, here U.S. Hard sounds focused on avoiding recognizable patterns as he restlessly manipulates and retunes a series of percussion hits, hardly landing on a repeatable phrase while rendering a handful of cowbells an metallic hits into the track's lead elements. Dropping on August 26, the Portland producer's self-titled debut EP as U.S. Hard can be streamed in full after the jump.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player