Daisuke Tanabe "Origami"
Daisuke Tanabe is set to return to German label Ki with his Floating Underwater LP next month. Spanning 15 tracks, the record shows off the Japanese producer's (and former RBMA participant's) knack for crafting genre-defying beats. On "Origami"—a cut pulled from the first half of Floating Underwater—Tanabe sews together an off-kilter array of hi-fi percussion and fuzzy chords with a disjointed bass synth. The resulting concoction is pleasantly reminiscent of Uprock Narratives-era Prefuse 73—burnt with a touch of soul, the track can be unpredictable, though its spastic, miniature movements never venture too far off the map. An alluring taste of Tabane's forthcoming full-length, "Origami" can be download below before Floating Underwater officially drops on September 15.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player