Diamond Dagger "Red Leather Bop"
- Words: James Eaton
For his most recent outing, Dublin-born producer Damien Lynch has decided to set aside his usual alias, Sarsparilla, for a moment in order to turn in a full-length effort under his new Diamond Dagger moniker. Similar to Lynch's other projects, Diamond Dagger's Estate Crudele LP celebrates the tones of vintage synthesizers and classic drum machines, resulting in tracks that lean towards the more nostalgic ends of the dancefloor. Pulled from the record is "Red Leather Bop," a particularly housey number striped with space-born melodies and waves of buzzing synth chords. The tune can be downloaded for free below, while Diamond Dagger's full Estate Crudele LP can currently be grabbed as a name-your-price download over on Bandcamp.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player