Altroy "Tokui Waza"
Vienna-based label Pomelo is set to celebrate its 20th anniversary over the course of the next two months with a pair of 12" compilations featuring tracks from the likes of Tin Man, Elektro Guzzi, and a handful of other locally based artists. Before releasing the 20 Years #1 12" on September 1, the label has passed along this contribution from Harlem-born techno producer Altroy (a.k.a. TJ Hicks). On "Tokui Waza," the artist flexes his dancefloor muscle, lacing the track's steady stomp with a wobbly bassline and an array of interlocking patterns fashioned from machine-made hits and resonant stabs. Altroy's produciton for the first 12" compilation in Pomelo's 20th anniversary series will be joined by others from Pulsinger & Irl, DJ Glow, and Buffered Multiple when the record drops next week.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player