Maxime Dangles "Unversal"
French producer Maxime Dangles delivered his Conduktion EP via the fledgling Dunsciat label earlier this month. Serving as the three-track record's closing effort is "Unversal," the deep and driving cut featured here. Built on the back of a pulsing sequence of thick chords, the track spends the better part of its first half simply maintaining its hypnotic cycle. Around the four-minute mark though, Dangles digs decidedly deeper with his production, laying into a heavier set of booming rhythms that add extra low-end strength to the production, and ultimately making "Unversal" an engrossing affair across its entire seven-plus-minute run. Out now, the rest of Dangles Conduktion EP can be previewed after the jump.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player