Poliça "Chain My Name (Kauf Remix)"
- Words: James Eaton
Kauf is a man of many talents. The Los Angeles resident is a musician, vocalist, beatmaker, and—as can be heard here—a skillful remixer. Tasked with taking on Poliça's "Chain My Name," Kauf turns the driving space-pop track into a much darker affair, stripping much of the original's vocals back while redirecting the effort towards more cavernous terrain. Adding swarms of buzzing, reverb-laden synth layers, Kauf infuses "Chain My Name" with a loose stomp, which continues to pick up momentum as the producer adds airy hats, crisp claps, and collections of distant percussion which help push the remix to the end of its climactic six-minute run.
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsWatch a Short Documentary with Jeff Mills
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
XLR8R Downloads Player