Pinback to Release Rarities Album
Armistead Burwell Smith IV and Rob Crow joined forces in 1998, aiming to make a modest collection of tracks to be released in their native San Diego. They weren't anticipating the media frenzy that followed their appearance at the North By Northwest festival that year, the interest from labels like Absolutely Kosher and Touch & Go, and the wealth of music they'd eventually create together. Now, eight years after their initial union, the duo is ready to unleash a collection of B-sides and previously unreleased material to the masses. Nautical Antiques covers the years between 1998 and 2001, and offers up some classic Pinback sound as well as a few musical sides of the band fans might be less familiar with.
Nautical Antiques is out September 5, 2006 on Ace Fu Records
5. Water Run
7. Seville [demo]
8. Concrete Seconds [demo]
10. Avignon (Full Band Version)
11. Messenger (Full Band Version)
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player