Stereolab To Release Serene Velocity - A Stereolab Anthology
Stereolab is best known for acquainting a generation of music fans with the synth-pop meets vintage electronic noise sound that eventually sparked a movement. Formed in 1991, the band was first the brainchild of Tim Gane, Laetitia Sadier, and eventually solidified with the additions of Mary Hansen, Morgane Lhote, and Andrew Ramsay. Rhino takes a look back at the band's unarguable influence with a collection of tracks that helped put Stereolab on the map. Sixteen songs cover seven albums and the years 1993 to 2004, creating a chronological history of the band's evolution. Fans will be happy to see classics from albums as early as Transient Random-Noise Bursts With Announcements to 2004's Margerine Eclipse An exclusive interview with Tim Gane and Laetitia Sadier makes for an added bonus at the end of the disc.
Serene Velocit - A Stereolab Anthology will be available in CD, vinyl, and digital format August 22, 2006 on Rhino.
1. Jenny Ondioline (Part I) (7" version)
3. French Disko
4. Ping Pong
5. Wow And Flutter (7" version)
6. Cybele's Reverie
7. Metronomic Underground
10. Miss Modular
11. Infinity Girl
12. Come And Play In The Milky Night
13. Space Moth
14. Double Rocker
15. Vonal Declosion
16. "...Sudden Stars"
- Real Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- Getting Down, Biking Around, and Reveling in the Final Days of Trouw: Reflections on ADE 2014
- Labels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- Labels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
XLR8R Downloads Player