Stereolab To Release Serene Velocity - A Stereolab Anthology
Stereolab is best known for acquainting a generation of music fans with the synth-pop meets vintage electronic noise sound that eventually sparked a movement. Formed in 1991, the band was first the brainchild of Tim Gane, Laetitia Sadier, and eventually solidified with the additions of Mary Hansen, Morgane Lhote, and Andrew Ramsay. Rhino takes a look back at the band's unarguable influence with a collection of tracks that helped put Stereolab on the map. Sixteen songs cover seven albums and the years 1993 to 2004, creating a chronological history of the band's evolution. Fans will be happy to see classics from albums as early as Transient Random-Noise Bursts With Announcements to 2004's Margerine Eclipse An exclusive interview with Tim Gane and Laetitia Sadier makes for an added bonus at the end of the disc.
Serene Velocit - A Stereolab Anthology will be available in CD, vinyl, and digital format August 22, 2006 on Rhino.
1. Jenny Ondioline (Part I) (7" version)
3. French Disko
4. Ping Pong
5. Wow And Flutter (7" version)
6. Cybele's Reverie
7. Metronomic Underground
10. Miss Modular
11. Infinity Girl
12. Come And Play In The Milky Night
13. Space Moth
14. Double Rocker
15. Vonal Declosion
16. "...Sudden Stars"
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player