Thievery Corporation's ESL Turns Ten
Rob Garza and Eric Hilton just wrapped a tour that included shows with The Flaming Lips and an appearance at Lollapalooza, and now the duo gear up for the tenth anniversary of their label Eighteenth Street Lounge (ESL). With releases by the likes of Chris Joss, Nickodeums, and the duo's own work as Thievery Corporation, the label has steadily grown over the last decade into a respected company that's sold over a million albums and still self-produces and independently distributes all its releases. Congrats to the boys and here's to the next ten years of making music.
Thievery Corporation will also play live at Webster Hall in New York on September 24 and 25, 2006.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsXosar Preps New EP for Valcrond Video
- NewsLivity Sound Preps Remix Compilation Featuring Surgeon, Pangaea, and More
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player