The Warehouse Project
The folks at The Warehouse Project, a new party devoted to curating a music festival that won't be all outdoor fields and mud, seem to have gotten the event planning template right. Unlike most multi-artist, high production festivals, they've chosen to stage theirs indoors, at Manchester's famous Boddingtons Brewery. Another plus is that instead of the festival running a single weekend, it runs for twelve, ending with a final bash on New Year's Eve and guaranteeing that on any given weekend there will be something to do. Though the event's popularity it remains to be seen, it's possible this could change the populace's perception about how a festival ought to run, with less focus on convincing farmers to rent their land and more emphasis on booking a fabulous lineup.
Public Enemy will start festivities with a live show, and other noteworthy nights include a Radio Soulwax Party, Giles Peterson, Fingathan, Mr. Scruff, Jamie Lidell, Jimmy Edgar, Theo Parish, The Hospital Records Crew, Black Strobe, Jeff Mills, and we could go on but you get the idea.This is an event series worth braving the new international flight regulations and heading over to England for.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player