XLR8R's 100th Issue Hits Newsstands Today
The issue explores the latest projects from some of music’s most groundbreaking and innovative individuals, such as Jimmy Tamborello (The Postal Service/Dntel/James Figurine), Girl Talk, the Dubstep scene and DC Recordings. Issue 100 also features a retrospective look at the magazine, including our top 100 albums from the last thirteen years, a pull-out poster featuring the artwork of Ian Wright and XLR8R’s 100 covers, a contest featuring 100 prizes for one lucky winner, and much, much more to commemorate this landmark issue. Not bad for a mag that was originally made on newsprint for $400 and hand distributed for free.
XLR8R will be celebrating the 100th issue in select cities during the month of September. Commemorative 100th issue hats by New Era Caps and T-shirts from Puma will be available at each event. Check our events page for full details.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player