Bombshell: The Life And Crimes Of Claw Money
She's been bombing the streets since the early nineties, leaving her trademark two-toned, three-taloned claw on walls around the world as she goes, but that's not all the Long Island native has been up to for the last decade. In addition to making a name for herself in the street art world--a place that still attracts relatively few women--CLAW also owns Claw Money, her clothing line, has worked as a fashion stylist for Ice T, Ice Cube, and others, and founded the legendary graff crew PMS.
Bombshell is a close look at the artist's life, as well as an exploration of the preconceived notions around her famous icon. And such a vivid, diverse figure makes for a page turning account that includes both the grit of the street world and simple scenes from home life. Graf writers Miss 17 and West, indie film star Patti Astor, SWINDLE publisher Roger Gastman, and others all contribute to these pages.
Bombshell: The Life And Crimes Of Claw Money is available through powerHouse books.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsHear Dntel's Upcoming LP for Leaving/Stones Throw
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player