Cut And Paste Expands Tournament Locations
Started in late 2005, Cut And Paste has been heralded as the designers answer to a DJ battle or poetry slam. An audience is invited to view the artists creating their projects in real time as they battle it out to be winner, sort of like Iron Chef meets design world. Projection screens allow viewers to see every brush stroke or mouse click done, the idea being that in this day and age a part of art is the creative process itself.
The tournament was met with such approval that this year the organizers expanded it to include Chicago, San Francisco, and Los Angeles, as New York. Judges include illustrator Deanne Cheuk, Flavorpill founder Sascha Lewis, designer Jeff Staple, graffiti artist Buffmonster, and Giant Robot publisher Eric Nakamura. Anyone can enter, and each contestant is provided with tools they'll need to create a variety of projects. At the rate the tournament's popularity is increasing, they might be televising the 2007 edition!
09/29 New York
10/13 Los Angeles
10/20 San Francisco
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsAndy Stott Preps New LP for Modern Love; Hear a Track Now
- NewsHear Seven Davis Jr Remix Martyn
XLR8R Downloads Player