Cut And Paste Expands Tournament Locations
Started in late 2005, Cut And Paste has been heralded as the designers answer to a DJ battle or poetry slam. An audience is invited to view the artists creating their projects in real time as they battle it out to be winner, sort of like Iron Chef meets design world. Projection screens allow viewers to see every brush stroke or mouse click done, the idea being that in this day and age a part of art is the creative process itself.
The tournament was met with such approval that this year the organizers expanded it to include Chicago, San Francisco, and Los Angeles, as New York. Judges include illustrator Deanne Cheuk, Flavorpill founder Sascha Lewis, designer Jeff Staple, graffiti artist Buffmonster, and Giant Robot publisher Eric Nakamura. Anyone can enter, and each contestant is provided with tools they'll need to create a variety of projects. At the rate the tournament's popularity is increasing, they might be televising the 2007 edition!
09/29 New York
10/13 Los Angeles
10/20 San Francisco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- NewsListen to Another Track from Flying Lotus' 'You're Dead!' LP
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player