Nortec Collective Nominated For Latin Grammy
The Mexico-based quintet's Tijunana Sessions Vol. 3, which has already garnered praise in both the US and Mexico, has been nominated for "Best Alternative Music Album" and "Best Recording Package" at this year's Latin Grammy Awards. The band coined the type of music known as Nortec, which is a fusion of traditional Mexican music and electronic music. This innovation has gotten them much attention over the last year and had them remixing for and performing on the same bill as everyone from Beck to Lenny Kravitz. Their track "Tijuana Makes Me Happy" was part of the 2006 FIFA World Cup video game soundtrack.
The 7th Annual Latin Grammy Awards take place on Thursday, November 2, 2006.
Tijuana Sessions Vol. 3 is out now on Mil.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player