Nortec Collective Nominated For Latin Grammy
The Mexico-based quintet's Tijunana Sessions Vol. 3, which has already garnered praise in both the US and Mexico, has been nominated for "Best Alternative Music Album" and "Best Recording Package" at this year's Latin Grammy Awards. The band coined the type of music known as Nortec, which is a fusion of traditional Mexican music and electronic music. This innovation has gotten them much attention over the last year and had them remixing for and performing on the same bill as everyone from Beck to Lenny Kravitz. Their track "Tijuana Makes Me Happy" was part of the 2006 FIFA World Cup video game soundtrack.
The 7th Annual Latin Grammy Awards take place on Thursday, November 2, 2006.
Tijuana Sessions Vol. 3 is out now on Mil.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player