Bizzart Releases Bloodshot Mama
When XLR8R released its LA issue in 2003, one page featured a quirky looking spoken word MC who went by the name of Bizzart and specialized in unorthodox rhyming and theatrics. Fast forward to the end of 2006, and Arthur Arellanes III is back under the same moniker but with a look and feel that leaves the phrase "taking a left turn" as something of an understatement.
Now immersing himself in circuit-bent hip-hop with a distinctly darker edge to it, Arellanes marries boom bap with twisted jazz, perhaps interpreting and addressing events in his childhood, which is publicly known to have been unsettling. Whether its that or that he simply wants to do something different with music, the change is welcome, if not somewhat bizarre.
Bloodshot Mama is out October 31, 2006 on Sounds Are Active.
1. Suicide Bomber's Parade
2. Stumbling Blocks
4. Shark Skin Humans
5. Liquid Beast
6. Dreams Of Sparrows
7. Bloodshot Mama
8. Mount Washington Blue And Red
9. Blank Forest
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player