Brooklyn Bodega And Room Service Group Host J Dilla Celebration
Few people are not aware that hip-hop heavyweight James Yancey, aka J Dilla or Jay Dee, passed away this past February of complications from the disease Lupus. Over the last several months celebrations, tributes, and fundraisers have sprung up worldwide to commemorate one of the most important producers in hip-hop and raise awareness about the disease.
Brooklyn Bodega, along with The Brooklyn Brewery and The Room Service Group, hosts another such celebration this fall, remembering Dilla's life and raising funds to help fight Lupus. Proceeds will go to the Dilla Foundation, which is run by the late artist's mother.
The event, where you can make requests for any of Dilla's tracks and also give a shout out to him on a special wall, will take place November 1, 2006 at The Brooklyn Brewery.
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsHear Seven Davis Jr Remix Martyn
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
XLR8R Downloads Player