Brooklyn Bodega And Room Service Group Host J Dilla Celebration
Few people are not aware that hip-hop heavyweight James Yancey, aka J Dilla or Jay Dee, passed away this past February of complications from the disease Lupus. Over the last several months celebrations, tributes, and fundraisers have sprung up worldwide to commemorate one of the most important producers in hip-hop and raise awareness about the disease.
Brooklyn Bodega, along with The Brooklyn Brewery and The Room Service Group, hosts another such celebration this fall, remembering Dilla's life and raising funds to help fight Lupus. Proceeds will go to the Dilla Foundation, which is run by the late artist's mother.
The event, where you can make requests for any of Dilla's tracks and also give a shout out to him on a special wall, will take place November 1, 2006 at The Brooklyn Brewery.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsXosar Preps New EP for Valcrond Video
- NewsLivity Sound Preps Remix Compilation Featuring Surgeon, Pangaea, and More
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player