Infamy available on DVD Tomorrow
Infamy, latest film from Scratch director Doug Pray, premiered at 2005's RESfest Festival and detailed the lives of seven graffiti-obsessed individuals (including the hilarious Joe Connolly, who runs around LA erasing street art with the same vigor the artists have creating it). After a long wait, the film finally comes to DVD and should be one of the essential pieces of your documentary film library. What makes Infamy stand out from other graffiti films is that it doesn't glorify the lives of the artists so much as examine them, and is unrelenting even when examination reveals a gritty, at times depressing underside.
Infamy is available in stores October 17, 2006.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player