Jan Jelinek To Release Tierbeobachtungen
You probably can't repeat its title fast three times in a row, but Berlin-based "sound designer" Jan Jelinek's latest album is definitely worth checking out when it hits the record store shelves. Focused on the animal (which is apparently making a comeback in music) Tierbeobachtungen (animal observations) is all about nature's free and unbridled aspects. It follows then, that the album is some of Jelinek's most relaxed and personal work to date, incorporating things he's learned during live appearances with his trademark minimalist synths, vibraphones, and found sounds. All said and done though, this animal is more a deer standing calmly in the woods than a wild beast, something Jelinek clearly intends.
Tierbeobachtungen is out October 20, 2006 on ~scape.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player