Jan Jelinek To Release Tierbeobachtungen
You probably can't repeat its title fast three times in a row, but Berlin-based "sound designer" Jan Jelinek's latest album is definitely worth checking out when it hits the record store shelves. Focused on the animal (which is apparently making a comeback in music) Tierbeobachtungen (animal observations) is all about nature's free and unbridled aspects. It follows then, that the album is some of Jelinek's most relaxed and personal work to date, incorporating things he's learned during live appearances with his trademark minimalist synths, vibraphones, and found sounds. All said and done though, this animal is more a deer standing calmly in the woods than a wild beast, something Jelinek clearly intends.
Tierbeobachtungen is out October 20, 2006 on ~scape.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player