New At The XLR8R Podcast Interview Series
Released just this week on Kranky, Précis marks the first official full-length album for Thomas Meluch, known here as Benoît Pioulard. It might mark the first "official" release, but the 21-year old has actually been making music for some time now, layering guitars and his own vocals on top of bells, dulcimers, feedback, and others sounds on numerous homemade CDRs and cassettes. XLR8R's Fred Miketa recently sat down with Meluch to discuss the new album, how his moniker came into being, and his take on making multi-instrumental music with an ambient twist.
For an added bonus, check out this week's INCITE Online where you can download the song "Triggering Back" off the new album.
Download the XLR8R Podcast. iTunes 4.9 or higher recommended.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- MP3Son of Sun "Feel Like I Feel (John Daly Remix)"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player